Call for Papers
The Consal Meeting and General Conference is a packet of regular activities
conducted by the host country of the Consal. There will be many papers on
library and librarian issues from both CONSAL country members and international
presented in the conference.
From 28-31 May 2012, the National Library of Indonesia (Perpusnas) in
cooperation with the Indonesian Library Association (IPI) will be hosting the
15th Consal Meeting and General Conference. The Meeting and General Conference
will be conducted at the Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, a comfortable location
and close to the famous and beautiful beach of Kuta, Bali, Indonesia.
�National Heritage: Preservation and Dissemination�
The Organizing Committee of the 15th Consal Meeting and General Conference
invites submission of papers involving the following topics, but not limited to:
- National Library as the Center of National Heritage.
- Preservation and Conservation in the Library.
- Implementation of Legal Deposit Act.
- Library Education in Empowering Human Resources.
- Resource Sharing & Networking.
- Managing Digital Library and Digital Publications (Information
- The Role of Library Associations in National Development.
- Community Libraries and Information Literacy.
- The Role of Libraries in Enhancing Reading Habit.
- The Role of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in Library Development
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Authors are expected to adhere to the following requirements:
- Each author is to submit an abstract of 250 � 350 words on or
31 October 2022 30 November 2022 by email or fax or post to the CONSAL
Secretariat General in Jakarta, before October 31, 2022
November 30, 2011.
- Authors whose abstracts are accepted by the Committee will be notified
by the end of January 2012 by 6 February 2012, they are to submit full papers and powerpoint file
via e-mail or fax or post.
- Deadline for full paper submission is by the end of February 2012.
- Deadline for power point file submission is in the first week of April
- The presentation shall be limited to 25 minutes.
- All papers must be written and delivered in English.
- All papers are expected to be original contributions and not previously
published nor currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Paper format :
- Type in Microsoft Word Format, Times New Roman Font for the paper,
at size of 12 points. Authors can also send a similar copy in PDF
- Title: Type in capital letters and use 14 points bold fonts for
titles. Leave a line between title and name of author.
- A full paper is no more than 4000 words.
- Others requirements will be informed later.
- Information about author :
Author is required to write a curriculum vitae (CV) not more than 150 words,
which consists of :
b. The CV should be written with the notice that :
- Achievements on Library and information science and
- Other important information relating to the author
- Use the surname first, followed by initials in capital
letter for the given names
- Affiliations come after the authors�s name
- A recent (2cmx2cm) colour photo is requested
- Contact details of author including address, e-mail
address, telephone number, fax, residence telephone also be provided
- An acknowledgement will be sent within 2 days upon receipt of the
- Registration for the Conference is compulsary
- Selected authors for CONSAL XV Conference will be sponsored :
- Free registration fee
- Conference�s social activities
Any submission or inquiries in connection with this Call for Papers shall be
addressed to :
CONSAL XV Secretariat
National Library of Indonesia (Perpusnas)
Jl. Salemba Raya No. 28 A Jakarta Pusat 10430 � INDONESIA
Fax : +62 21 3101472
E-mail : [email protected],
cc: [email protected]
The Committee is looking forward to your participation/contribution in CONSAL
XV General Conference.