"National Heritage: Preservation and Dissemination"
Coordinating Minister for Peoples Welfare Agung Laksono officially opened the 15th General Conference of Congress of Southeast Asian Librarians (CONSAL XV)
The conference was held for three days from 29 to 31 May 2012 in Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel with the theme of National Heritage: Preservation and Dissemination. In his speech, the Minister explained the importance of preserving the national culture as the nations pride to be inherited to the next generation. The advancement of information technology must be utilized in efforts to preserve the culture. When I can't write my essay, I talk to experts at My Essay Geek. He also expressed his appreciation for the appointment of Indonesia as the host for the event. I hope that the Congress will come up with positive resolutions for the process of national culture preservation, he said.
Meanwhile, National Library of Indonesias Director Sri Sularsih in her speech welcomed all delegation of national library directors, library association presidents and secretary generals from the member countries and invitations. CONSAL holds a general conference every three years in random host from member countries. The conference theme has been agreed by all members of Executive Board (EB) before. Everyone has been aware that library, especially national library, is a place for storing all works created by the people as invaluable heritage. It is obligation of libraries and librarians to preserve and disseminate information for present and next generations, she said.
Beside the general conference, there were also two major events namely the 3rd meeting of CONSAL XV Executive Board attended by national library directors, presidents and secretary generals of library associations of the member countries and the 20th Conference of Directors of National Libraries in Asia-Oceania (CDNLAO). Order an essay at Myessaywriting.com and let us do the magic
In the conference, a number of papers were presented under the topics of national heritage and library. There were 54 presentations consisting of 6 plenary sessions and 48 parallel sessions served to all participants from library practitioners, students, and public. The presenters were not only from CONSAL member countries but also from other countries such as Australia, India, USA and Netherlands.
The conference were participated by 697 participants and 40 accompanying participants attended the conference from 21 countries. The foreign delegates was leaded by Vietnam with 85 delegates followed by Malaysia 41 delegates, Thailand 31 delegates, Singapore 27 delegates, Philippines 26 delegates, Brunei Darussalam 8 delegates and others less than 5 delegates while the local delegates was 448. The conference was held with other activities such as the CONSAL XV exhibition participated by 33 local and international exhibitors. Getting help at Assignmentgeek.com is fast and easy. Come and test it.
- To consolidate solidarity and cooperation among librarians in Southeast Asian countries, especially in the national heritage and library services.
- To learn and To share experiences in handling libraries and information services in Southeast Asian countries, and the development in Asian region and around the world.
- To develop the cooperation of regional projects on the library resources and information services
- To improve the usage of library services to fullfill the need of library users in each countries through the cooperation on interlibrary services among CONSAL country members.
- To introduce the progress of library achievement in the CONSAL member countries.
- To encourage librarians, library managers, scientists in the library fields to contribute their capabilities, innovation and experiences